Attitude determines where you will end up in life. It also has a profound effect on your ability to practice lifestyle habits that lead to health and happiness.
It’s all about living!
Tips to “Boost” Your Attitude:
Most of us understand the reasons for our poor physical fitness and the answer to losing weight. We have read volumes on diet and exercise, but it is our attitude that prevents us from doing what needs to be done.
One way to develop a powerfully positive attitude, even if you don’t feel that way, is to behave as if you do. To that end, planning your actions and anticipating setbacks, in advance, is essential.
1. Schedule workouts on your calendar. Making an important appointment with yourself, in writing, carries more weight than just the vague intention to do something. Schedule for first thing in the morning because research shows that people who exercise before the business day begins are most likely to stick with it.
2. A little bit of something is better than nothing. Regardless of how short you are on time or how blah you’re feeling, commit to just five or ten minutes. Every little bit helps and, almost always, once you get going, your energy picks up and you have a great workout.
3. Be flexible. A change of plans is not an excuse to do nothing. If you usually exercise in the gym, and you’re out of town, go for a jog. If you forgot your running shoes, go for a brisk walk. Honor your commitment to your exercise appointment.
4. When possible, join your spouse or a workout partner. It’s a lot less easy to cop out if someone else is depending on you.
5. Check out Lance’s autobiography, “It’s Not About the Bike. My Journey Back to Life”. Last time I looked, you could get a used copy for fifty cents on http://www.Amazon.com . If this book doesn’t motivate you, nothing will!